Monday, March 18, 2013

Sewing patterns for two.

This is what I have been up to of late...
 

Trying to make up some tops for work.
 
You see these skinny tops for maternity wear are not for me and working with children, I need to have tops that my ever growing boobs will not pop out of when I bend over to pick up crayons or jigsaws off the ground.
 
So when I saw last week that Kate from M is for Make had the Tova top pattern back in stock, I snapped one up.
 


I may have to ajust a bit more room for the front but that will be easy.
I do have to find some fabric for this one yet.
Any suggestions?
 

My collection of Japanese pattern books are coming in handy too....lots of lovely patterns that I can use.
 
 
This is what I hope to make with my fabric.
 


 
All the patterns and fabric were bought at M is for Make.



15 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I knew you are pregnant - congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you were pregnant - congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been wanting to make a Tova forever it seems, yet I still haven't even bought the pattern. It seems like it would work pretty well as a maternity top, too. When I was pregnant with Jill I made myself a top from SisBoom patterns that was super easy and worked through the whole pregnancy. I think it was the Dana or Meghan top, I can look it up if you are interested. Lindsey from LRStitched just made a Tova from yarn dyed Essex I believe and it looks fabulous. I'm sure you'll find something great! And congrats again, so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can only look on in admiration, dressmaking is something on my to-try someday list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did not you were pregnant! Ongrats! Checked pattern fabric for tova?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice fabric choice. You will have a couple of lovely tops very soon. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad to see that someone is finally using the Tova for what (in my mind, at least) it was intended. That is a maternity shirt, plain and simple. But no one else seems to realize it but me . . . .

    P.S. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the look of your projects! Congrats on your pregnancy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! How exciting! I too work with children and all the maternity tops were low cut. I went for singlets under everything. And, I love how you described ever growing boobs - wait til the baby's born and the milk comes in!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! A voile would be incredible for a maternity tova!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my, you're going to be adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You'll have orders in for similar before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! you'll look great in this Tova. Those Japanese books look so nice!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments and do try my best to reply to them all.